Saturday, October 4, 2014

Clean and Simple w/Frantic Stamper

It's World Cardmaking Day! What are you working on? I have several cards in the works. This card is a scraplift from the internet. I wish I could remember the site I got my inspiration from but can I just say, "I LOVE THIS CARD!" I've been told my style is clean and simple but I don't see it that way. I love adding bling, colored digis and sentiments. In my mind that is not clean and simple but this card is.




I started with my usual 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch base. Using a large Spellbinders Nestabilities circle die, I embossed it into the center of the base. I inked the innermost circle to highlight it.  Next I added a die cut of two of the Three Wise Men Silhouette from Frantic Stamper Inc. Using a small circle die, I cut a "moon" out of glitter paper and used silver foil paper cut the word Peace from  Frantic Stamper Inc. Finally I used an Anna Griffin small star punch for a final bit of decoration. It was fast, it was easy and I love it. I did have to make it into a tent card. My white cardstock doesn't have a lot of "umph" to it and doesn't want to stand on it's own. So I channeled my "inner Tim Gunn" and made it work. I hope you like it and maybe it'll inspire you too, to make something for World Cardmaking Day!
UPDATE: I take most of my photos inside and usually in the bathroom. I wanted to see if taking them outside would make that much of a difference. Of course the background change didn't hurt!


Challenges entered
A Gem of a Challenge - CLEAN and SIMPLE
My Time to Craft - DIE CUTS ONLY!
We Do Doobadoo Challenge - CHRISTMAS
Crafty Calendar - Bingo* (sparkle, die cut, blue)

Glitter Text Generator

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas creation, Thanks for playing along with us at We Do Doobadoo, God Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the silhouette and the sentiment.
    Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month with our Bingo challenge! Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge Blog! Hope you join us again this month and good-luck in the draw - Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete