Friday, September 5, 2014

You Hold the Key

I saw this Die Cuttin Divas sketch and immediately wanted to use it. There is something about it that really appealed to me and I don't often use sketches. I was digging through my crafty stuff today, looking for something else, when I ran across this stamp. I'd totally forgotten I had it. Immediately the crafty juices started flowing and I knew what I wanted to do with it.


After deciding on the sketch, I chose a paper pack from my stash--Glitz Paper Pack "Yours Truly."


The image is "Home Sweet Home" from My Favorite Things. After coloring it with Copic Markers I die cut and embossed it with Spellbinder Nestabilities "Labels 18." I think I followed the sketch pretty closely except for rounding the corners with my favorite Crop A Dile 1/2" Corner Chomper. I popped the image up with foam dots and added the super cute "Keys to My Heart" die set from Frantic Stamper. I've never had a need to use shims or scissors. Even the most intricate designs cut perfectly. Believe me when I tell you Frantic Stamper has some wonderful dies. Click on the link above to see the large selection of dies they have to choose from. Aren't the keys just the perfect complement to the image and the sentiment? The sentiment was cut with the My Favorite Things Dienamics "Fishtail Flags Layers Stax", also available from Frantic Stamper.



Finally I added rhinestone bling because...it's who I am! LOL. No card is complete without it!

Challenges entered
Scrapbooker PhD - Three die cut + add a little sparkle
Aud Sentiments Challenge -  Any Sentiment Other than Birthday
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Ruby's Rainbow - Keys
Scrapy Land Challenges - dies
Card and Scrap - Everything is allowed.
Cards Galore Encore - MAKE A CARD!
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything goes with Patterned Paper


Glitter Text Generator

15 comments:

  1. Hi Rachelle, absolutely love this gorgeous card the image, the papers and colours are beautiful, love the title you have used it got me singing to myself, lol.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I really like the primary colors you used. It adds to the innocence of this gorgeous card!

    Thanks for linking to Die Cuttin' Divas!!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! I love the sketch you used, the sweet MFT stamp and the Spellbinders die. Thanks for participating in the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog's 1st Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and a great combo of papers. Love the added heart lock and keys. SO glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute looking card. Lovely sketch you have used and I love the colours too. Thanks for playing with us over at AUD sentiments.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color combo down to the little girl and the keys...such a great add on for the sentiment. Thanks for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The background papers are beautiful. What a great card. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute! I Love the lock and keys and pretty colors. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Scrapy Land!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauriful card! Love the papers and the keys. Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookerPhD
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is beyond adorable. I LOVE those keys and how well the sketch went with this image! Thanks for joining us this week at DCD for our Sketch challenge.
    Anita
    DCD Host and Sponsor Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super duper adorable!!! Your coloring is fab!!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for trying my sketch at Die Cuttin' Diva. Your card is super cute, especially with those keys.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin' Diva Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely cute card. Love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining in with us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.. Make a card. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous papers and love the cute image and the little lock and keys embellishments. Fab card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is so cool. Love the squares with different patterns. Fun way to add the keys into her hand to and the perfect sentiment to go with it...

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Ruby´s Rainbow. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete