Friday, January 20, 2012

Sassy Bookmark


I've been on a bookmark kick. I started by cutting two 3" tags using the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge - one out of Kraft cardstock one out of the design paper. I took the design paper to my sewing machine and stitched around it leaving 1/8" border around.

I printed two of the Latte Lori images. On one I colored everything w/copics except the dress. On the other one I used an animal print stamp and stamped over the entire image.  I colored only the dress w/Copic markers. I trimmed the dress away from the second image and attached to the uncolored dress of the first image. I hope this was the correct way to do paper piecing.  The "cup stamp" image was from my stash. The sentiment is from My Creative Time and was stamped on the edge of a Nestabilities cut with an inked edge. The finishing touch was the bling from Recollections from Michael's and the Grosgrain ribbon. Thanks for stopping by.

Challenges entered:
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything goes
Shelly Images - Anything goes
Some Odd Girl - Anything goes
Anything Challenge - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

8 comments:

  1. This tag is so vintage and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Rachelle! Love the colors and the added bling! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, of course! Love the vintage, distressed look to this delightful book mark! Your coloring is fabulous, and the animal print paper pieced dress is brilliant! Perfect sentiment too! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is AWESOME!! Thanks for all the details ... great job! Thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely tag! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, love that image! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tag
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Gorgeous, your colouring is amazing, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete