Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winter Wishes

Right now I'm not doing a lot of crafting. I am four weeks post-op from total knee replacement surgery. OUCH! Let's just say nothing anybody told me prepared me for what I've been going through. The surgery and the first two weeks were okay but that last two have been horrible. I wake up every night in excrutiating pain and although I'm on massive amounts of painkillers, they give me the shakes. What does that have to do with this blog? I'm not able to color because when I do it looks like a two-year-old did it! Anything I'm creating now is with images that I'd colored in advance.


This image is from KennyK and colored w/Copics and gel pens. I've been stuck on the glitter paper for some time now and used it to cut the evergreens with my Cricut machine using the Christmas. The snow was also cut from glitter paper. The circle was cut with the same paper as the background but it is the reverse side. The sentiment is a sticker from my stash. I really like being able to use an image that is otherwise not a Christmas image but being able to use for the occasion as I see fit. I used 1/4" pop dots to add dimension to the card. Lastly I used a Gelly Roll pen and shorthand to add some interest around the edge of the card.

Challenges entered:

Craft Your Passion - Anything goes plus glitter
Paper Makeup Stamps - cut out your image
iCopic Weekly Challenge - color black hair
Make My Monday - add some glitter

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

12 comments:

  1. Girl you are working those copics!! This card is too cute and your coloring is amazing!! Love the hair!! Hope you start to feel better soon!!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that glittery tree--it's fabulous! So glad you're really into the glitter paper right now! :) Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot! Love the skintone on this and the layout is very nice! Thanks for playing at PMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon Rachelle. On a lighter note your card looks great. Wonderful card.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you Rachelle - you really sound as if you've been in the wars. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    I Hope you have someone very special in mind for this hot card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending wishes for a speedy recovery. Such a cheeky image and dramatic colouring..fabulous. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday glitter challenge. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you get well soon wishes. You did a superb job and wish I could get boots like your sexy image...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachelle, I'm sending you big hugs and healing thoughts! I'm hoping your better and back to coloring before too long... We're lucky you had to the foresight to stockpile some images! This is gorgeous! Your coloring is exquisite! Love her hair and skin tone! And those trees! Awesome! Thanks for sharing... Your creations are always a delight! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shading and use of glittery paper! Thanks so much for joining our Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :) Hope your knee recovery goes better for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you have precolored images to create with. I pray your recovery goes quickly and you are back to full health soon. Love your sassy card. Thanks for playing the PMS Digi Makeover Challenge! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great card and rather saucy too.
    Thanks for joining in over at Make My Monday and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete